spread sheet will fit to page

globalheat

I cannot get any spread sheets to "fit to page" or reduce manually. When I reduce the spread sheet in page set up it just works like a zoom and shrinks the page. I am using windows 2000 and office XP Small Business. I 1st thought it was because I transfered some of the spread sheets form my laptop to my PC. But even when I produce a neww spread sheet, it wll not adjust the data to fit on sheet. When i go "fit to page" it defaults to 10% and divides the spread sheet multple pages. I hope someone can help.

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
if you cannot get fit to page to work, there may be some extra data making the spreadsheet that size. Try going to view and altering from normal to (i think )layout.

Not got excel on the system i'm using right now. Change the page breaks as appropriate.

If your spreadsheet is still selecting excess rows/columns, delete these to ensure that they have no data in them. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Hilight all the columns to the right of your data columns and delete them. Excel will replace them with fresh ones. Do the same for the bottom rows, then set the "Print Area." Save the file and see if you can set the page setup to fit to one page. Then do a test print. You may have had some junk on your un-used cells. JSW

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oculus

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back