Spreading hours out over weeks

myrtle67204

I have employees who only work 1560 hours per year. I want to create a spreadsheet for planning. row 4 will be what hours they actually worked. row 5 they will fill out for future planned hours for projects we know they will have. row 7 I have set up as an IF row. see the example in column M

My problem is I want row 8 to be an average of what they have left available to work per week. for example if its Feb 20 their total hours of planned and actual work is 246 (f6) there are 45 week left in the year 1560 max hour-246 hours already counted for. it means they can average 24.3 hours per week the rest of the year. but we know the week of Feb 24 they have 50 hours planned so I would want that to drop down to the average per week for planning purposes, like a place holder.

The spreadsheet increases per week all the way out to Dec 31 2019.

My head is exploding just thinking about it.

Untitled_zpstb3psfke.png

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
For future consideration, post a workbook example with existing data sample and a sample of the expected outcome.

Images are too small to interpret ... and the FORUM volunteers do not have the time to re-create a worksheet.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbonilla0331

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back