Spreadsheet calculates too slowly

wflabqueen

I have a mid-sized workbook ~14MB that takes far too long to calculate. One sheet contains all a data table with ~32,000 lines and 44 columns. 16 columns have formula and the rest are just text or number, four of which use INDIRECT which I know is a volatile function. One sheet contains all my pivot tables (which are not all built yet) and one sheet is the dashboard (not completed either). I have turned off automatic calculation and set the calculation to use all processors to speed things up which has helped. But I am afraid that when all the pivot tables are built this will calculate even slower. I have VBA code that copies data from another source to populate the data table and shows as linked data in Info.

What I would like to happen is:

A) Add VBA code to recalculate the formulas in the data table and refresh the pivot tables once certain cells are selected and changed.

B) figure out any other way to speed this workbook up.

I have read many posts here to get answers to other questions and can do some VBA code but this is my first post. Any help is welcome.

I see what you are doing.... but this doesn't seem to work. It gives me the value for that particular month in that row and not the sum from that month forwards. :( But I like the concept.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back