Spreadsheet to calculate 4 man Match game in Golf

lakesidegolfer

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,
I am wondering if someone has or can provide a spreadsheet that calculates the matches in a 4 or 5 guy pairing (yes they let us play with 5 guys at times) where each person is playing the other person in a match. We usually play a $10 - $5 game. This means if you close the opponent out before hole#18 ( the first game which is worth $10) a new game starts which is then worth $5. I play at lakeside greens in Chestermere, Canada. most of the time , here is the link for that scorecard - https://www.lakesidegreens.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/7713/2020/05/2020-Scorecard.pdf

We usually play off of the low guy but I dont think this would make a big difference? We would need to enter our handicaps each time but other than that it would be great if the spreadsheet did the rest, it simply is a little over my head to create this. Thanks in advance - if you can provide I definitely owe you a drink or ten, it would save us a lot of time and would be great if it was something that could be viewed easily via your cell phone.

EDIT: To Clarify: Each person plays all of the other players

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
@lakesidegolfer
Just to let you know that I'm sad enough to be prepared to take a look at this.
I'm assuming.......
Up to 10 individual matches, each of which may or may not finish early and prompt a second match over the remaining holes?
Match handicap allowance of full difference?
Likelihood of anyone being in receipt of more than 1 shot per hole?
Just men's card?

I can only hope to create a spreadsheet solution. How compatible that might be with your phone, I wouldn't know.

Upvote 0
@lakesidegolfer
Just to let you know that I'm sad enough to be prepared to take a look at this.
I'm assuming.......
Up to 10 individual matches, each of which may or may not finish early and prompt a second match over the remaining holes?
Match handicap allowance of full difference?
Likelihood of anyone being in receipt of more than 1 shot per hole?
Just men's card?

I can only hope to create a spreadsheet solution. How compatible that might be with your phone, I wouldn't know.

Thank you so much, to answer your assumptions - 1 vs 2, 1 vs 3, 1vs 4, 1vs 5, 2 vs 3, 2vs 4, 2 vs 5, 3 vs 4, 3 vs 5, 4 vs 5 - so yes 10 individual matches possible
Yes full difference - if golfer #1 has the lowest handicap the others would play off of that handicap and be given the full allotment of strokes (if golfer #1 is a 5 handicap and golfer #2 is a 15 he would be given 10 strokes, 1 stroke on each of the 10 hardest holes. If golfer #3 is a 9 handicap he would get 4 strokes from golfer #1 and give golfer #2 6 strokes etc. )
no more than one shot per hole ever
yes just mens card.

Let me know your drink of choice and i could send you a bottle !! Thanks Snakechips

Upvote 0
OK I will give it a go.
Thanks for the offer of a bottle however, fortunately for you, I'm tee-total!

Upvote 0
We also play from the blue tees - it would be nice to be able to change the handicap on each hole to use at different courses but not too worried about that.

Upvote 0
Leave it with me and keep your fingers crossed!
Apart from when you're about to play a shot, of course!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back