maggames1968

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
  3. 2016
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hi there,
what a great forum and i found already some answers i was looking for.
Kudos to all the "NERDS", i am loving it.
Here is the reason i need your help.
It came to my attention in our company that new workers are "stealing/ borrowing" my excel spreadsheets and "selling" them to the superiors as their idea or application. Don't get me wrong, but i think that is not a fair approach!
I am that kind of guy, if you need help and/or a thing that makes your life easier, then just ask and let others know how did it.
Here is what im looking for
(not sure if i can explain it without the proper terms, sorry about that
I would like to have an option that the program is confirming the user who is using the spreadsheet. Not a user login or something like that, but that the user needs a password, that will be changed monthly on my server/ domain.
Also, when the password is passed on to others and used, the program will stop and show a message: You have been caught!
In a funny way. Just to show them that is not how it works!
Lastly in the message box there will be the owner of the code be mentioned (full message, what ever you prefer, no shortcuts)

Thank you
PS:No offence, but in my age i am feed up with playing games and everyone is entitled to everything. Sometimes you hit a wall. and you have to deal with it. Dont blaim others!

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Welcome to the board,

first off if they are taking your work and re-using it then you must have done a good job.
second, if you just want to prevent someone from stealing your idea(s) when you create the new form/sheet add your name to it and email it to everyone first all the boss's so no one came pass it as a new idea.

you can also simply create a last tab/sheet put your info in it, lock the sheet with a password and then hide the tab.
if anyone really tries to take credit for your workbook you can address it with them and the boss in question by unhiding the tab and unlocking the password on it.

just a thought

~DR

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back