Spreadsheet with data and chart emailed. but when I open it the data is there but the chart is stripped out?

JodieInCanada

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
I am thinking there might be a setting that is wrong in my excel? All I know is a co-worker has a file with data that feeds a chart. When he opens it, the chart is there. He emails it to me and the chart is gone. I also tried saving it to my desktop and opening from there, still no chart!
Any help would be greatly appreciated. (please keep in mind I am not an expert user)

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
You might try the keyboard shortcut "CTRL 6" to see if objects have simply been hidden.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Ken

Upvote 0
You might try the keyboard shortcut "CTRL 6" to see if objects have simply been hidden.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Ken
Thanks. That was for sure a good try but it wasn't that. We are now thinking it is because I have a different version of Excel. My co-worker has 2016 while I have 2013.

Upvote 0
SOLVED!
It was a issue of versions. I had 2013, my coworker had 2016 and the chart that was created was new in 2016. I have upgraded to excel 2016 and it worked!

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back