Spreadsheet with data Validation Problem

Steve Swift

Board Regular
Hi All,

I have received a spreadsheet which has a box in cell H31 with arrow up & down tool and that changes the value in cell H32.

I need to change the values that are being displayed in H32 so that the whole sheet calculates based on new values.

Can anyone advise me how to change that.

Thanks,

Steve

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
You haven't mentioned how the calculations work, and in what way they are dependant on cell H32. And what do you mean exactly by saying that you need to change the values that are being displayed in cell H32? What's it showing now, and what do you want it to show? If all you are asking is how to change the properties of a spinner object then have a look in Excel help.

Upvote 0
I'm sorry for the confusion, largely brought about by the fact that I didn't even know that was called a spinner :oops:

Anyway, I have now looked at how a spinner works and I don't think it will give the desired result that I need. At the moment the spinner displays 0, 10, 20, 30 ..(increments of 10)

What I need is some set values to choose from 12, 15, 20, 25, 35 and thats all.

Is that possible with a spinner?

I guess I could delete the spinner if I knew how? and add a dropdown that would still calculate the values ok but I can't figure out how to delete that spinner. The sheet is unprotected.

Thanks

Steve

Upvote 0
Make the Control Toolbox toolbar visible ( menu command View/Toolbars ), and click the Design Mode button ( the first button on the toolbar ), now you'll be able to click on the spinner to select it, rather than operate it. Now press Delete. Click the Deisgn Mode button again ( it's now an Exit Design Mode button ) to exit Deisgn Mode.

Use Data Validation to add a drop-down to a cell with a list.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tanurai

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back