SQL - how to limit a field to certain expressions

mmartin999

All I want to do in this query is add "F08" anywhere it says WHERE (((FISCAL_CAL.Fiscal_year) Like "F07")). So I want F07 and F08 to be returned in the data.

can someone help? I don't know SQL at all and this query cannot be viewed graphically since it was written in SQL (by someone else).

thanks

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
try replacing WHERE (((FISCAL_CAL.Fiscal_year) Like "F07")) with
WHERE (((FISCAL_CAL.Fiscal_year) IN ("F07","F08") ))

hth,
Giacomo

Upvote 0
unfortunately, this didn't work. I get an error message "SELECT Planning_distribution_volumes_extract.SID, EDS_ITEM_MASTER.WGT_PER_UOM, EDS_ITEM_MASTER.ROLLUP_LEVEL_5_CD AS SBU, EDS_ITEM_MASTER.RAW_PROD_VARIETY_CD AS RPV, Planning_distribution_volumes_extract.FROM, Planning_distribution_volumes_extract.TO, Plan" is not a valid name.

any other ideas? (I took out what looked like one extra pair of parenthesis. It didn't work either way).

thanks

Upvote 0
I meant to paste the entire query:

SELECT * INTO PROJECTED_SHIPMENTS_test
FROM [SELECT Planning_distribution_volumes_extract.SID, EDS_ITEM_MASTER.WGT_PER_UOM, EDS_ITEM_MASTER.ROLLUP_LEVEL_5_CD AS SBU, EDS_ITEM_MASTER.RAW_PROD_VARIETY_CD AS RPV, Planning_distribution_volumes_extract.FROM, Planning_distribution_volumes_extract.TO, Planning_distribution_volumes_extract.MODE, Planning_distribution_volumes_extract.BUC_ST_DTTM, Planning_distribution_volumes_extract.BUC_END_DTTM, Planning_distribution_volumes_extract.QTY, FISCAL_CAL.Fiscal_month, (EDS_ITEM_MASTER.WGT_PER_UOM*Planning_distribution_volumes_extract.QTY/100) AS CWT, "FROM "+Planning_distribution_volumes_extract.FROM+" TO "+Planning_distribution_volumes_extract.TO AS [KEY], EDS_ITEM_MASTER.PROD_GRP_CD, FISCAL_CAL.Fiscal_year, EDS_ITEM_MASTER.STAT_VALUE
FROM (EDS_ITEM_MASTER RIGHT JOIN Planning_distribution_volumes_extract ON EDS_ITEM_MASTER.ITEM_NUM = Planning_distribution_volumes_extract.SID) INNER JOIN FISCAL_CAL ON Planning_distribution_volumes_extract.BUC_ST_DTTM = FISCAL_CAL.Fiscal_month_start
WHERE ((FISCAL_CAL.Fiscal_year) IN ("F07","F08"))
UNION ALL SELECT Purchase_Volumes.SID, HNAD_EDS_PROD1_ITEM_HIER_V.WGT_PER_UOM, HNAD_EDS_PROD1_ITEM_HIER_V.ROLLUP_LEVEL_5_CD AS SBU, HNAD_EDS_PROD1_ITEM_HIER_V.RAW_PROD_VARIETY_CD AS RPV, Purchase_Volumes.Vendor AS [FROM], Purchase_Volumes.TO, Purchase_Volumes.mode, Purchase_Volumes.dttm1, Purchase_Volumes.dttm2, Purchase_Volumes.qty, FISCAL_CAL.Fiscal_month,(HNAD_EDS_PROD1_ITEM_HIER_V.WGT_PER_UOM*Purchase_Volumes.QTY/100) AS CWT, "FROM "+Purchase_Volumes.vendor+" TO "+Purchase_Volumes.TO AS [KEY], HNAD_EDS_PROD1_ITEM_HIER_V.PROD_GRP_CD, FISCAL_CAL.Fiscal_year, HNAD_EDS_PROD1_ITEM_HIER_V.STAT_VALUE
FROM (Purchase_Volumes INNER JOIN FISCAL_CAL ON Purchase_Volumes.dttm1 = FISCAL_CAL.Fiscal_month_start) INNER JOIN HNAD_EDS_PROD1_ITEM_HIER_V ON Purchase_Volumes.SID = HNAD_EDS_PROD1_ITEM_HIER_V.ITEM_NUM
WHERE ((FISCAL_CAL.Fiscal_year) IN ("F07","F08")) AND Purchase_Volumes.dttm1 IS NOT NULL
UNION ALL SELECT Purchase_Volumes.SID, HNAD_EDS_PROD1_ITEM_HIER_V.WGT_PER_UOM, HNAD_EDS_PROD1_ITEM_HIER_V.ROLLUP_LEVEL_5_CD AS SBU, HNAD_EDS_PROD1_ITEM_HIER_V.RAW_PROD_VARIETY_CD AS RPV, Purchase_Volumes.Vendor AS [FROM], Purchase_Volumes.TO, Purchase_Volumes.mode, Purchase_Volumes.dttm2, Purchase_Volumes.dttm2, Purchase_Volumes.qty, FISCAL_CAL.Fiscal_month,(HNAD_EDS_PROD1_ITEM_HIER_V.WGT_PER_UOM*Purchase_Volumes.QTY/100) AS CWT, "FROM "+Purchase_Volumes.vendor+" TO "+Purchase_Volumes.TO AS [KEY], HNAD_EDS_PROD1_ITEM_HIER_V.PROD_GRP_CD, FISCAL_CAL.Fiscal_year, HNAD_EDS_PROD1_ITEM_HIER_V.STAT_VALUE
FROM (Purchase_Volumes INNER JOIN FISCAL_CAL ON Purchase_Volumes.dttm2 = FISCAL_CAL.Fiscal_month_start) INNER JOIN HNAD_EDS_PROD1_ITEM_HIER_V ON Purchase_Volumes.SID = HNAD_EDS_PROD1_ITEM_HIER_V.ITEM_NUM
WHERE ((FISCAL_CAL.Fiscal_year) IN ("F07","F08")) AND Purchase_Volumes.dttm1 IS NULL]. AS [%$##@_Alias];

Upvote 0
Does it run if you try to execute just the inner select? if not do you get a more descriptive error? The IN statement should work and as far as I can see you did no harm by removing the extra parenthsis

The other option would be to do an OR, like this:

(FISCAL_CAL.Fiscal_year like "F07" OR FISCAL_CAL.Fiscal_year like "F08")

hth,
Giacomo

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camelliaCase

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back