SQL Macro ??

YQG

Board Regular
I don't even know if I have the terminology right, I'm feeling pretty useless just about now. I don't know how to write or use VB code, but I have a macro created with SQL. It runs about 12 queries and then opens a report in design mode as I need to change the dates in the title section of the report. I then export to Word and email to a number of people. I've discovered I can email from my Access macro using the Action "SendObject". However, I need the report to open in design mode and the macro not to continue with the "SendObject" until I've completed the date changes and closed the report.

Can anyone help a lowly SQL user? ;)

As always, I appreciate everyone's help.

Thanks

S.

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Is it possible to change the report so it includes the current date, or is otherwise dynamically set based on the dates in the data? Its not so easy to "stop the macro" and start it again...but you may be able to programatically change the dates in the report.

Can you just send the report yourself once edited? There's really several things going on here (your main macro, the code for sending the report, and the changes needed to the report before being sent - so its hard to give specific advice - except I'd say that what you're describing doesn't sound easy to me either so don't feel bad about it.

Regards,
Alex.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca142

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back