Stableford golf competition

barleytwist

Hi all I have been pushed into doing a society comp and providing prizes for 1st 2nd and 3rd

So I have a list of names in "column A" there handicap in "ColB" followed by 1 to 18 relating to the scores for each hole. each hole has a stroke index and a par for that hole

which means if I put Chapx down as a 4 on the 1st hole and that hole is a par 4 and his handicap is 12 and the stroke index for hole 1 is 12 then he would receive 3points but if his handicap was only 11 he would then only get 2points I hope that's clear

What I need is a way to just put in their respective scores for each hole and the spreadsheet looks at his handicap, then compares the par for the hole against the stroke index for that hole, provide however many points he has obtained for that hole, add them all together, provide a top to bottom placing and should there be a tie then best score on count back. Simples (I wish)

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Welcome
How many players have you got, I may have just what you require will need to search thru various drives and get back to you, can you PM me your email address in the meantime

Upvote 0
Many thanks Jimrward

I hope you got my PM (never done that before so not certain I did it correctly please let me know if I didn't and Ill try again
I hope you can find it ;)

Upvote 0
Hi got your pm and replied, will send you old version for you to play around with, whilst I increase players to 40
I note you have a hotmail account my workbook has a macro attached so hopefully will not be blocked

Upvote 0
I seem to only bee allowed one message on PM so have had to delete the message I sent you to allow you to reply ?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back