Stacked chart with target line

leojez

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I'm not sure how possible this is ... Basically, I have a clustered bar chart for just one row and one series - it is the stock price:

1650717231137.png

So far, so good. But what I'd like to do is add a target line - basically running vertically along the strike figure (in this case 12). So it would look something like this:

1650717345142.png

I've tried messing around with adding cluster lines and other stuff but haven't gotten anywhere yet. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
You need to add a "dummy" series to the chart. Basically use 4 cells on the worksheet (2 rows and 2 columns). Set R1C1 equal to your strike price (12), R2C2 equal to your strike price (12), R1C2 equal to your lowest "Y" value (0), R2C2 equal to your highest "Y" value (not shown above). Select the 4 cells and add the series to your chart. In case I have messed up this tutorial, Google Jon Peltier or Peltier Technical services for correct "dummy" series chart additions. HTH. Dave

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply! I've been trying to get it to work. The problem is that I've only got one row and series of data which doesn't seem to help. Hoping someone can help!

Upvote 0
Whoops... Set R1C1 equal to your strike price (12), R2C1 equal to your strike price (12), R1C2 equal to your lowest "Y" value (0), R2C2 equal to your highest "Y" value (not shown above). Select the 4 cells and add the series to your chart. Again... Google Jon Peltier or Peltier Technical services for correct "dummy" series chart additions. Dave

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back