Stacked column chart from Pivot table not stacking!!!

Boubiche

Hi guys,

I need someone’s brain on this.

Sounds super simple.. but it just doesn’t work when I try it. I looked at all the previous 50 pages of posts with the works Pivot/stacked charts, but couldn’t find help.
I am trying to do as simple stacked chart out of a pivot table. But when I select the ‘stacked’ columns, it still shows me the details of each city.
I just want to see the total for the month.
Can someone please help! I don’t get what im missing! I would be so grateful if you could help..

My pivot could not be simpler: date and location in rows & count in values. I just want to stack the count per location into one single column for the month!!!

Thanks!!

RoryA

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
365, 2019, 2016, 2010
Platform
Windows, MacOS
Pivot charts don't plot totals - they plot everything else in the pivot table. If you don't want to see a specific level of detail, you need to remove it from the pivot table.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Excelbat

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• VBA (Userform)
    Hi All, I just would like to know why my code isn't working. Here is my VBA code: [CODE=vba]Private Sub OKButton_Click() Dim i As Integer...
  • List box that changes fill color
    Hello, I have gone through so many pages trying to figure this out. I have a 2020 calendar that depending on the day needs to have a certain...
  • Remove duplicates and retain one. Cross-linked cases
    Hi all I ran out of google keywords to use and still couldn't find a reference how to achieve the results of a single count. It would be great if...
  • VBA Copy and Paste With Duplicates
    Hello All, I'm in need of some input. My VBA skills are sub-par at best. I've assembled this code from basic research and it works but is...
  • Macro
    is it possible for a macro to run if the active cell value is different to the value above it
  • IF DATE and TIME
    I currently use this to check if date has passed but i also need to set a time on it too. Is it possible? [CODE=vba]=IF(B:B>TODAY(),"Not...