Stacking Data From Multiple Columns Into One.

Alfonso_01

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Good morning All,

I am fairly new to excel and just got into working with functions. I've been struggling to find a solutions to my problem and thought maybe someone with more knowledge cold help me out. Currently have a list of different tools we use around work and I placed checkmarks next to them (they are linked to the cell right behind them) so we could check off any tools that we find missing. What I want to happen is: whenever someone does have a missing tool and they check the box, i want all the missing tools to auto populate into a list on a different work sheet. Was attempting to use filter function and a combination of filter choose and index but when i do, the data is displayed in rows instead of columns or i get an error code. Any help would be much appreciated.

Capture 2.PNG

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
I'm new too...but...
You can use a pivot table to do what you want with some alterations.
Assuming your hidden columns are "true/false" for the conditional formatting auto highlight when you select the check box...
Just add another column. So if true/false is column K, then column L can be "=K10"

Not sure why that works best but it worked for me as the true/false column left me with blanks on the pivot table.
Once on the pivot table, you can put column L which I titled "List" in the "filter section and choose to only view true (which is your missing items)
Then put Column E, which I titled "Tool" into the ROW section and voila!

You have a list of your missing tools...all you have to do is hit "Refresh All" button on the Data tab anytime a change is made for the pivot table to update.

At least that was my work around....

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back