Stacking numbers over bar code in one cell???

TheSal2010

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
First time here....just can't find the answer anywhere.

I am looking to take two cells, one has the numeric and the other is the same but a barcode font. I want to stack the Numeric above the barcode as one cell. The printers I use can't have too much data over bluetooth it seems, so when I do this by just selecting each cell they crash, but if I just select one cell...works great. So hoping if I combine them into one cell, this will solve my printing issue.

I got them to stack with this formula (=A2&CHAR(10)&B2) , but then my bar code (which is a font) updates...so any way to make that not happen?

Make sense? See pics!

Stacking.JPG
Stacking almost there.JPG

Thank you!!

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
When you want text to be on two lines in the same cell you have to press Alt-Enter. You can do the same thing with a formula to put two text results above the other. In your case all you have to do is change the barcode numbers to the correct font.

Upvote 0
When you want text to be on two lines in the same cell you have to press Alt-Enter. You can do the same thing with a formula to put two text results above the other. In your case all you have to do is change the barcode numbers to the correct font.

I am a pretty savvy guy, but I am not connecting what you are saying. I can't change C2 cell, the bottom number to a font, it is a formula? Sorry, I am really trying, and I really REALLY appreciate the help, maybe you can explain it a little more?

Upvote 0
When you want to concatenate two results just the Ampersand
=A2&" "&A2
In this case, right after the second quote, press Alt-Enter.

Upvote 0
I over simplified it, but you should get what you need. Make sure to highlight the first reference of A2 and change the font to the barcode and then change the font on the second A2 reference to be smaller so it fits underneath

Upvote 0
I over simplified it, but you should get what you need. Make sure to highlight the first reference of A2 and change the font to the barcode and then change the font on the second A2 reference to be smaller so it fits underneath
Love that formula, thank you, that was way simple, thank you!. But when you say "highlight the first reference of A2 and change the font to the barcode and then change the font on the second A2 reference to be smaller so it fits underneath" I just don't do that...I select A2 in the formula and I can't change the font of that...I am sorry, man I am on the struggle bus today!

font change.JPG

Upvote 0
I have steered you wrong. There is a way to add two different fonts in one cell as long as it isn't a formula. There is a way to use VBA to add two fonts in a formula, but Barcode fonts seem to be problematic.

You'll have to use two different cells

Upvote 0
Solution
I have steered you wrong. There is a way to add two different fonts in one cell as long as it isn't a formula. There is a way to use VBA to add two fonts in a formula, but Barcode fonts seem to be problematic.

You'll have to use two different cells
Thank you, that is what it was feeling like...big thanks!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadMarty

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back