Start week on Monday

L

Legacy 69493

My pivot tables start on Sunday by default. Is there a way to force these to recognize Monday as the start of the week?

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
Hi and welcome to the board. You can change the start date under Group and Show detail.

lenze

Upvote 0
Glad it can be done easily! Would you mind providing more detailed instructions on how to do so?

Upvote 0
Sure!! Select your date field in your PT. Right_Click and choose Group and Show Detail. Select Group. Choose to group by days. Change the number of days to 7 (1 week). For start date, enter a Monday's date. You're done.

HTH

lenze

Upvote 0
I'm afraid that doesn't work for me. Right click-->Group & Outline-->Show Detail pops up a window that reveals all fields in the report except day of the week. I'm running Excel 2000.

Upvote 0
If you have dates in a field, select a cell in that field. Now right click and choose "Group and Show Detail". You should get a dialog that offers you the choice of how to group. Choose days and proceed as above. You are not looking for a specific day of the week. When you choose "Group by Days", you will be given the choice of a start date. Simply enter a date for a Monday.

HTH

lenze

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hanakoro

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back