starting from the bottom now I am here- Excel Formula assistance please? (Noober than Noob)

DammitJanet

Hello friends!

Hope you can help.

I've got 12 projects.
Each project has the following categories:
Legal
Development
Engineering
Land

Each heading has quotations from more than one company:
Legal- McBeal Attorneys, Fischer and Smit, Dante, Muffin and Sons
Development- Terry Trucks, Mary's Manacles, Lions squad
Etc.

These companies then provide us with invoices which are allocated against the quote
E.g. McBeal attorneys quote us for ZAR 20 000
We get 3 invoices which add up to ZAR 20 000

So far, so good right? I don't have any issues and have used sumif, vlookup, etc. to pull out this data.... and pivoted it.

My problems now are:
1. Some quotations cover more than one project and I need to split these amounts per project
1.1. Sometimes it's easy and the company will say: We estimate ZAR 10 000 for Project X, and ZAR 10 000 for Project Y
1.2. BUT sometimes they give it to me overall, e.g. ZAR 20 000 for project X and Y, and ONLY when we get the invoices, will it allocate how much per project.

2. Sometimes the quotations and invoices are in different currencies and I need to convert the amounts from USD, GBR, Euro, etc to ZAR.

Right now, I'm chugging away doing things pretty much living the life of a data capturer and trying to figure out the simplest way to:

Allocate all invoices against a quote given. (Simple yes), but then, ensure that if the quote is for more than one project, the amounts are split correctly to ensure all projects reflect the correct amounts.

I know this sounds EXTREMELY and Incredibly easy to some people, but I'm at a loss here... I've googled youtube vids for macros (I really like the idea of the Userform, but ha, don't know how to create one to use it especially with the language barrier).

I know this may be asking a lot, but would there be anyone who can talk/walk me through this?

(I can hear someone screaming at me: "Go to excel classes you demanding freak!")
It's true!!! I am demanding!! :cry: but please... for the love of (y) , please :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
81jamesacct

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back