status bar

Verona B

How do I remove the status bar on the bottom of my spread sheet? It covers the names of my sheets so I can not advance to the next worksheet. Thx.

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
do you mean the Scroll-bar??

Also What version of Excel are you using?

Additionally you can change sheets using ctrl + Page up or ctrl + pade down Its easier.

Upvote 0
Hi, It is Excel 2007. ctrl + pg up or down, move the curser to a different cel on the same page.

It is a bar across the bottom of the page, that covers the name of the worksheet. I usually use the arrow keys to change worksheets.

The bar currently is in a "numbers lock" function.

Upvote 0
ok so if its a PC (sounds like it is) Ctrl+ page up and down is used exclusively for this, switching worksheets. if you use the arrow keys you just move from one cell to another...

p.s. the num lock on your stat bar tells you that the number pad on the far right of your keyboard is enables to type numbers

Upvote 0
Yes, it is a pc/laptop. And yes, the arrow keys move from one cell to another. Ctrl + pg up moves to the next cel that has a formula of numbers in it.

I may be using the wrong word. Perhaps it is a Document that I am attempting to get to. I have all my household accounting in this _______?????.

Each company, that is hydro, dept store credit cards, property taxes etc, are on a different ________?????. I can enter charges/payments onto one company, but can't advance to the next _____?????, to enter another expense or payments.

Upvote 0
ok it seems like your laptop may have Function keys on your arrow keys and you aren't really using page up or down

in fact what you are doing according to
Ctrl + pg up moves to the next cel that has a formula of numbers in it.
you are using ctrl + arrow keys...

make sure that you are in fact using pare up or down.

Also check to make sure your workbook is maximized because the status bar should NOT be in the way...

5.jpg

Upvote 0
My arrow keys (besides arrows) have the words pg up & pg dn printed on them.

The bar that is covered with the "Status Bar" as shown in your graphic, is the one identified here as "Sheet Tab Scroll Buttons". That is the bar I am trying to get back.

Thanks for being so patient with me. B|

Upvote 0
Hi,

I was wondering if your scroll bar is encroaching on your sheet tabs.

You can resize / move the left end of the scroll bar. This is done by grabbing the button-tab immediately to the left of the bottom scroll bar.
Capture.jpg

PS i am using Postimage.org - free image hosting / image upload to upload images ... this may be a useful tool while asking questions

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ahhhh

si if your arrow keys ALSO have pg up and pg down you (in your particular laptop) have to press Ctrl + FN key + page up or down

Usually the FN (function key) is blue and on the bottom left of your keyboard

Upvote 0
Thanks for being so patient with me. B|

No worries BUT i do get off from work in about 7 minutes so if i don't reply after that then.. you know what happened. but i will check this thread at home :)

Its my pleasure to help

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyanscott

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back