sticky problem with paste

jthomas3029

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a workbook with tabbed individual spreadsheets that I now want to consolidate into one sheet. When I copy and paste the individual spreadsheet and paste it on the "master sheet" I lose the functionality of random formulas. The formula is correct and the cell it refers to is formatted correctly but is does not compute it giving me a #value! message. I have checked and rechecked the syntax of the formulas from one that function and the ones that do not and they are the same with he exception of the cell being referenced, Any help with this conundrum will be greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
The snap shot XL2BB does not not give a complete picture. Can I send the workbook to you via drop box?

Upvote 0
You can upload to dropbox, mark for sharing & then post the link you get to the thread.

Upvote 0
Thanks Fluff for the direction and removing my post. I just reviewed the rules and was about to report myself. Dave

Upvote 0
I think I have it resolved for you. It seems like you have added another year of billing periods to your Table sheet (rows 31 to 54). Your actual personnel sheets have erroneous results in "M" (and "N") as the "M" formula is incorrect but for some reason they produce an erroneous value without erroring. On your master sheet, U need to change the reference to the table sheet data for all of the "M" formulas. So, on the master sheet, for all column "M" formulas, change all of the 30(s) to 54(s). HTH. Dave

Upvote 0
Solution
Well, I am sufficiently embarrassed by the simple solution to correct the formula error. Thank you Dave. I think I was too close to the forest to see the trees. As you said the error was in the two year time span in the table which is good to know as I plan for next years iteration.

Attachments

• D'oh.jpg
    D'oh.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 2
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back