Stock prices in Excel gone??

Sven69

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
I made a file with stock prices and some formulas. Each day I open it and click on refresh and all data and formulas were updated (too bad, there is no way to refresh automatically, but hey) Then one day, I open the same file and refresh doesn't do anything anymore. After a closer look, I even realized my GEOGRAPHY and STOCK buttons were gone?!? Help me to fix this please!!!!

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
Hi Sven, did you check if you can bring them back on your ribbon?
File -> Options -> Customize Ribbon -> Look for data types in Commands Not On The Ribbon (or all Commands) and Click add in the appropriate group "Data".
1587652509381.png

Upvote 0
Hi Grah, when I go there, they are already on the ribbon... I just don't see them... so strange

Upvote 0
Indeed Strange. Maybe you can remove them, close Excel, Start up and put them back. A bit of a wild guess, I agree.
For some reason I have almost the same situation at work. Except I see the section "Data Types" on the ribbon, but both types are missing. Not a big deal for me, as I'm not using those. It might be an installation issue?

Upvote 0
I already tried a reinstall... I DO miss the F$*µ£ button!

Upvote 0
@Sven69 just to be clear when you look at it in Options you do see Data Types with a plus symbol that you can click to expand it and show another icon which is called Data Types like the image below?

1587682887055.png

Upvote 0
I had problems with the new data types on my backup computer. I had to sign out and sign back in; something mysterious about my Microsoft account.

Upvote 0
I had problems with the new data types on my backup computer. I had to sign out and sign back in; something mysterious about my Microsoft account.
I have seen that on various other posts when I looked it up as a possible solution and also that in that in some regions the connection to the Microsoft servers is weak which you can resolve it by using a VPN (you can check the connection with an URL).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back