Stop Chart Elements from Moving

KATHWUN

Board Regular
I have 4 bar charts on one sheet. The charts legends and plot-areas positions keep changing after editing. How do I lock these elements all in the original positions so they all look/remain the same?
Hoping you can show me the way.
TIA
KATHWUN

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Hi Kathy:

Have you looked at Properties Tab in Chatrt Format Options -- in Excel 97 there are three options giving several combinations of moving and resizing charts.

Aditionally if you can protect your worksheet, you can choose to protect Contents, Objects, Scenarios -- then you can have the objects protected against moving or resizing.

There may be other options -- but I thought I shall share these with you.

Regards!
Yogi Anand

Upvote 0
So good to hear from you Yogi Anand! I've missed the MVP replies.

My REAL problem is that I've got myself LOCKED OUT of the Chart Format Options and am trying to remember what the Board Master told me so that I can reverse the process. You see, the protect sheet/workbook options are greyed-out. Additionally, when the chart is locked (to keep from moving), the Chart Menu Tool Bar doesn't appear when one clicks on the chart.

Actually, I've spent the last few hours just reconstructing the whole project, but I'd sure love to learn how to unlock the original chart. Any chance of my emailing it to you for a hands-on analysis on how to unlock? I don't use passwords to lock. I know that's not the problem.
TIA
KATHWUN

Upvote 0
I can't say whether I will be able to resolve the problem, but I don't mind looking at it. You can email your worksheet to me at -- I certainly hope that your file is not too big.

Regards!
Yogi Anand

Edit: Deleted email address
This message was edited by Yogi Anand on 2003-01-19 22:47

Upvote 0
The locked file and reconstructed file are on the way in two separate emails, Yogi.
Explanations attached.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
TIA
KATHWUN

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back