1. Windows
VBA Code:
Option Explicit
Public Function puissance2(Taux_CPrincpal As Double) As Double
On Error Resume Next
Dim x As Double
     puissance2 = Taux_CPrincpal
       For x = 2 To 40
     puissance2 = (puissance2 + Application.Power(Taux_CPrincpal, x))
    Next x
End Function

Public Function deversement(Charge_Centre_Principal, Centre1 As String, Vlrange1 As Range, Vlcolone As Double, TauxCP As Double) As Double

Dim y As Double
For y = 2 To 40
deversement = (-Charge_Centre_Principal * Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(Centre1, Vlrange1, Vlcolone, 0)) * (1 + puissance2(TauxCP))

Next y

End Function

I have this code above for calculate a personnel function,
I have a problem that every time when I close the file and open it again , I see that the loop start from zero
and i see in the top of the file , that the File start calculating after few minutes , the Real result appear
Is that any way to make the looping stop if the result appear ? or anyway to make the loop stop and not refresh every time

Thank you

Note: The file is In French Language, and It's very heavy (64 Mb)

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Your function puissance2 is evaluating a geometric progression. So you could replace all cell formulae: =puissance2(x) with =(x^N-1)*x/(x-1) where N is 40 in this case.

Your function deversement doesn't make sense. You're looping from 2 to 40 and overwriting the result each time. And on each iteration of the loop, puissance2 will iterate 40 times. As it's written, you could replace with a formula: =-Charge_Centre_Principal*VLOOKUP(Centre1, Vlrange1, Vlcolone,)*(TauxCP^40-1)*TauxCP/(TauxCP-1).

With a file this large, I'd be looking to replace as many formulae/VBA calls as possible with values. One possible way to do this: have a row of formulae at the top of the worksheet. Copy the row down to all subsequent rows. Copy these results and paste values, and only update again with formulae when necessary.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back