Stop the "disable or enable?" macros pop-up

jaybostonusa

Every time I open my Excel docs, I get a pop-up asking me to "disable or enable macros?." It's annoying. I always choose ENABLE. Can I do anything about this?

Oh, and another question......

(not Excel related): Whenever I open a folder in windows, my view format is "Tiles" - I prefer LIST. Where can I change this setting?

I love this forum man!

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
You can disable the message by going to the Tools Menu, selecting Macro then Security, finally change the setting to low.

Be warned though, if you download any spreadsheets from Emails or the Internet that contains malicous code your leaving yourself open.

For your Windows Folders, open the folder and go to "View", change to list and it (should) always be the list view when you open it.

Upvote 0
Yes you can change security to Low, but it's a dangerous thing to do.
You will compromise your system if you do that. If you think about it, there is a good reason why you can't disable the warning in code -- it prevents virus writers from being able to deliver infected workbooks / Word documents without your knowledge.

If you want you can self-certify the code in the workbook, and that will prevent the message until you update the code, then you will most likely need to do it again.

Search this forum and Google for more info on how do this.

Denis

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrauni

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back