Storing Notes in MS Access

smoothlarryhughes

I have set up a database that takes two different tables (one being accounting records for assets, and the other being the bank's records of assets) Basically I have a union query that compares the two sets of data and shows the difference in the amount of shares held in the accounting system vs the amount of shares held at the bank. I then have the query stored in a new table with a "notes" column so the difference can be explained. This needs to be done daily.

My question is that I will be updating this table daily with new data, but I want to be able to pull in the previous day's note as to why the asset was breaking in shares. Does anyone know the best way to set up this database to do this so a history of the notes is saved?

Also is there any easy way to set up a user friendly gui to pull access information?

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
Thanks I will check it out. I basically just did a few different queries...two left joins to capture both sets of data, and then did a union query to put them together. Just stored the result in a new table and now i'm looking to put notes on each break.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back