Strange behavior when opening an .xlsm file

ceranes

Board Regular
Hello,

Recently, I added a few macros to a spreadsheet we use daily. The macros work fine; they have been working for several weeks. Within the last few days, the zoom level has been ridiculous when I open the file, which is saved on a server. I blurred out portions of the spreadsheet for privacy. You will notice in the lower right corner that our default zoom is always set at 70%

So to return the screen to normal, we have to adjust the slider in the lower right corner to something less, say 50%, then bring it back up to 70%, and it looks fine. After we make changes, save the file, and then I or someone else opens it back up, it returns to how it looks in this image.

Any ideas about what might be causing it? Initially, we thought it was the macros, but they were fine for weeks until now.

Attachments

• test1a.jpg
    test1a.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 12

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
This is a newer version of Excel 365 (Version 2302).

If you think the VBA Code would benefit the troubleshooting process, I can post the code here.

Upvote 0
Turns out, there were two small faint lines, one horizontal along the top, over the column headings, and one on the left side, running vertically through the date column. Those two lines were somehow tied into the FreezePane tool. I disabled all FreezePanes, and it started to work as normal. I have never seen Freezing cause that kind of problem before.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cancansova

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back