Strange excel behaviour, which I can not workout

Sharid

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a strange issue with my excel and can not work it out, see images below for more information

On Sheet2 I selected Cell F3 I typed in the number 4 as showing in yellow, however the result is showing in cell J1 , when I deselect the Cell F3, the number 4 disappears from J1 . The result then shows in Sheet1 F3.

I have this issue regards of what cell I select In Sheet2 excel show the result on ANY cell in sheet2 and the places the result in the RIGHT cell but on the WRONG sheet.

Sheet2
1596812071364.png

Sheet1
1596812444554.png

Sheet2 after deselecting the cell.

1596812616605.png

Also I can do no auto calculations, however auto calculations is on in the advanced options and the Formulas tab.

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
Sounds like someone might have slipped a Worksheet_Change event macro onto your system that undoes your entry and then reenters the value elsewhere. Check your sheet code module (right click sheet name tab and click 'View Code' in the pop up menu) to see if there is code in there with the line "Application.Undo". If there is, the it is probably what is causing the mystery. You can also check the cells where the values do appear to see if they contain formulas by selecting those cells with the pointer and looking at the formula bar to see what it shows for the cell value in the way of formulas.

Event code could also be in the ThisWorkbook code module as Workbook_SheetChange.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Do you have a change event macro running on sheet2?

Upvote 0
super, disabled it and it works

Upvote 0
Glad we could help & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SarahSomethingExcel100

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back