Strange formatting issue - Help Needed.

Abbas999

Board Regular
Hi Experts I have a very strage issue. I have sheet with muptiple addresses. When i copy and paste the addresses from excel to a website form It doubles the value. For example.
The address is :
18 Cheswick Way, Solihull, B90 4JA

<tbody>
</tbody>

But Pasting it to website form made it:
"18 Cheswick Way,
Solihull, B90 4JA"

So website website form count it as 2 addresses. Also the "" are not showing in excel but when i copy a address and paste it into web form it always show a " at start and end of a address. Please Suggest me a solution. Thank you

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
What happens if you put an address in from any other source? For example copy pasted from notepad, word, etc etc. Maybe copy the address you have posted above and paste that into the website. I doubt this has anything to do with excel.

Upvote 0
I tried it pasting first to notepad then to web form - Not working same results
I tried pasting it to other documents and then to web form - same results not working.
I tried to copy all address from excel to another excel sheet and pasted it as PASTE special only values and then copying to web form. Not working.

You can see the pic below the addresses looks very good in excel cells :
2w722z7.png

But copying it and pasting here will double the addresses:
For example i pasted the same addresses here as shown in the pic:
19 Correction Wynd,
Aberdeen, AB10 1HP
44-48 Great Western Road,
Aberdeen, AB10 6PY
349 Great Western Rd,
Aberdeen, AB10 6NW
Caledon Lounge, Garthdee Rd,
Aberdeen, AB10 7AP
7 Little Belmont St,
Aberdeen, AB10 1JG
Aberdeen, AB10 6PY
122 Huntly Street,
ABERDEEN, AB10 1SU
77 Skene St,
Aberdeen, AB10 1QD
529 Great Western Rd,
Aberdeen, AB10 6PE
21 Rose St,
Aberdeen, AB10 1TX

You can see they are double now. Please suggest a solution. Thanks

<colgroup><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

What happens if you put an address in from any other source? For example copy pasted from notepad, word, etc etc. Maybe copy the address you have posted above and paste that into the website. I doubt this has anything to do with excel.

Upvote 0
Sorry but it seems any fault lies in the form not excel. What is the website address?

Upvote 0
@steve the fish "To me it looks like excel formating error as first 4000 addresses were not having the issue as i just copy pasted the addresses to website form and it was all fine. You can see the picture all remaining addresses have the same problem. If excel have no problem then it should also have the same error for first 4,000 addresses.
Sorry but it seems any fault lies in the form not excel. What is the website address?

Upvote 0
Website url - Batch geocoding

one more thing - if i copy the addresses from excel to notepad it shows as single line. But if i copy the same single lines from notepad to a new spreadsheet as Paste Special "values only" it also behaves same as web form.

It is showing in notepad:
19 Correction Wynd,
Aberdeen, AB10 1HP
44-48 Great Western Road, Aberdeen, AB10 6PY

You can see it is two cells in totals.

But if i copy these two addresses from notepad and paste into a newly created excel sheet it converts to 4 cells.

Result in excel sheet after pasting the 2 addresses from notepad.
19 Correction Wynd,
Aberdeen, AB10 1HP
Aberdeen, AB10 6PY

So it is 4 cells in excel sheet. This is the error i am getting. 20 addresses looks 40 and 40 convert to 80 and so on. I have around 50K addresses. Please suggest me a solution to reformat them. Thank you

Upvote 0
Do you have carriage returns in your addresses? Only time ive seen anything like that.

Upvote 0
Highlight cells in question. Press CNTL-H. Click in the first box. Press CNTL-J. Leave the 2nd box empty. Press replace all. How many replacements does it make?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpierce

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back