Strange Windows error that only affect my Excel files

Chartman of the Bored

Board Regular
I'm on Windows 10. When I'm working in Excel occasionally my screen starts flashing for about 1 minute (no pattern to when or why it happens ... it just randomly starts). During this time I can't click into any Excel cells or do anything in Excel. The other applications on my computer work fine during this time. When the flashing stops I find that the file I was working on gets migrated on the Windows toolbar (icons at the bottom of the screen) to the end (i.e., the far right of all the Excel files). Normally when I have multiple Excel files open I can't rearrange their order on he toolbar. But somehow this bug moves the file to the end of the list.

It's really annoying since it happens without warning -- sometimes several times per hour while I'm trying to work and I just have to sit there since it's not long enough to get something else done but long enough to be really annoying.

Anyone ever heard of this bug?

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand

baitmaster

I've not had this bug but I've had something similar, where Excel & VBA would regularly freeze / stutter, and was caused by out of date drivers on graphics card. Might be worth checking your system is up to date

jimrward

Office Version
2016, 2013, 2011, 2010, 2007
Platform
Windows
Do you have excel auto backup enabled with a short time span

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FunkyFriedChicken

This Week's Hot Topics

• Finding issue in If elseif else with For each Loop
    Finding issue in If elseif else with For each Loop I have tried this below code but i'm getting in Y column filled with W005. Colud you please...
  • MsgBox Error
    Hi Guys, I have the below error show up when i try and run my macro in File1 but works fine if i copy and paste the same code into file2. [ATTACH...
  • CELL FORMAT - IF CONDITION
    My Cell Format is [B]""0.00" Cr". [/B]But in the cell, it is showing 123.00 for editing. (123 is entry figure). (Data imported from other...
  • Show numbers nearly the same
    Is this possible. I have a number that can change very time eg 0.00001234 Then I have a lot of numbers 0.0000001, 0.0000002, 0.00000004...
  • Please i need your help to create formula
    I need a formula in cell B8 to do this >>if b1=1 then multiply ( cell b8) by 10% ,if b1=2 multiply by 20%,if=3 multiply by 30%. Thank you in...
  • Got error while adding column and filter
    Got error while adding column and filter In column Z has some like "Success" and "Error". I want to add column in AA if the Z cell value is...