Structured vs Explicit cell reference using index match issue

Georgem106

I'm using Index-Match to match Full Names with head count in that party. I have it working but it uses both the structured and explicit cell reference. I can't figure out why when I add a new row in my table, the column with the index-match formula wont populate the last row.
This is the formula used:
<code style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: Consolas, Menlo, Monaco, "Lucida Console", "Liberation Mono", "DejaVu Sans Mono", "Bitstream Vera Sans Mono", "Courier New", monospace, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; box-sizing: inherit; white-space: inherit;">=IFNA(INDEX(AA:AA,MATCH([@[Preferred Seating 1st Choice]],D:D,0)),"")
</code>Column AA has the head count number and column D has the list of full names. Preferred Seating is the column used to reference the search.
I looked around and can't seem to find why it wont fill in the last row after that rown info is entered. I can only assume it has something to do with the mixed Explicit-structured cell/column references. Any help please.

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
Is there a reason you aren't using structured column references rather than A:A and D:D?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back