Struggling To Understand

jglassner

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Hi All

I inherited an Access database that was so bloated it was hard to use. The basic structure is biographical information than the different projects my company does. What I inherited had everything in one table and it took forever to load.

So, I thought it would be a good idea to create a new table for each program and one table with all the bio info. The programs all have the same info, date - location - time - notes.

What links the program tables to the bio table is a unique number that acts as our employee numbers. What I wanted to do was create a relationship based on those numbers.

I then create a query to link the biodata to the project data, the query works but then I error that the records are not updateable. I really hope I didn't spend all this time for it not to work.

This is the SQL and my query built is attached

SELECT tblPrimaryTable.Status2, tblPrimaryTable.[Orienation Date], [tbl90-Day].[90 Day Status], tblPrimaryTable.FirstName, tblPrimaryTable.LastName, tblPrimaryTable.[Specialty Department], tblPrimaryTable.[Transition Date], [tbl90-Day].[90 Day Check-In Date], [tbl90-Day].[90 Day Location], [tbl90-Day].[90 Day Time], tblNotes.[90 Day notes]
FROM tblSchedulingStatus INNER JOIN (tblNotes INNER JOIN ([tbl90-Day] INNER JOIN tblPrimaryTable ON [tbl90-Day].NUID = tblPrimaryTable.NUID) ON tblNotes.NUID = tblPrimaryTable.NUID) ON tblSchedulingStatus.[Scheduling Status] = [tbl90-Day].[90 Day Status]
WHERE (((tblPrimaryTable.Status2)="Staff"));

I hope it is a simple thing I need to do. Please let me know if you need any more information and I appreciate your help.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    75.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
I should add that in this query I only want to update the program information. The biodata is managed within the primary table.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ak94

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back