Struggling with drop down and IF (maybe) formula with text

SirSquiddly

I have gave this a good bash and got close but struggling as it is text. So here is the problem. Col A and C are working great.

Col. A = dropdown options (15ft basket, 10ft basket, 30ft pipe)
Col B = 15x8x4, 10x4x2, 30x1x1 (Dependent on col A selection).
Col C seems to be working fine with the formula =SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF('Asset Reg.'!$F$2:$F$179,$A$15:$D$20,'Asset Reg.'!$G$2:$G$179)) where another excel sheet has unique codes and designated weights.

Formula for col C. would work if it were numerical values but struggling with text demensons version. Any help greatly appreciated.

So its col B in this example I am struggling with and there are 15 permutations with more possibly added.

thanks

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
Just curious, the formula you have in column C appears to be circular based on the information you provided:

Code:
[COLOR=#333333]=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF('Asset Reg.'!$F$2:$F$179,[/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000][B]$A$15:$D$20[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#333333],'Asset Reg.'!$G$2:$G$179))[/COLOR]

Column C falls between A and D. Unless that formula is above row 15 and below row 20.

More importantly, though, I think it would be very hard to help you without knowing the mathematic outcome you're trying to achieve. All those dimensions are an expression of cubic volume, so it would be possible to convert the text values to a number, but I'm not sure if the units are the same...I'm guessing this is a formula for calculating volume-based pricing by product type?

Chris

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ak94

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back