stuck combining multiple INDEX match formulas

Little_Ghost

Hi everyone,

I've been fumbling around with multiple INDEX MATCH formula's for a couple of days now, but I seem to be unable to figure out how to combine them.
What I need them to do is check if column A = Yes and Column B = No and if those conditions are true look up the correpsonding value in column C and return that. Then do it again for the next row, and again, and again....
It should only return values when the conditions are met. The values inbetween should be skipped.
They need to be returned in a ROW.
I tried to make it a little cleared in thes google spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kL6hic3zLQCB0pPdQ6MocVWds8UG6RHn0KWvxbPQsxA/edit?usp=sharing

There are already 2 formula's on the sheet (3 if you count the duplicate where I included a little "error" handling) so you can get a better idea of where I am at (at least with the thought proccess).

I hope someone here can help me out :S

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
Try this array formula:

=INDEX($C$4:$C$16,SMALL(IF($A$4:$A$16="yes",IF($B$4:$B$16="no",ROW($C$4:$C$16)-ROW($A$3))),COLUMNS($A$1:A1)))

Upvote 0
Steve! That was amazing; both in time between Q and A and in the fact that it works!!!
Not sure about pro's and con's of array formula's but I guess I'll jus stick to this one for now and try to convert it to a non aray based formula whenever I have the time.
Time to look into the workings of the formula so I understand the internals :)

***EDIT***
Aaaai! found the first problem:
The result has to be displayed in merged cells (6 columns). Array formulas don't like that :S

Last edited:
Upvote 0
***EDIT***
Aaaai! found the first problem:
The result has to be displayed in merged cells (6 columns). Array formulas don't like that :S

If you unmerge the cells, type/paste the formula, ctrl+shift+enter, you vna merge the cells again and the formula is accepted but it then counts 2 columns which means it skips one entry when it finds 2 entries underneath eachother that it should display...

Upvote 0
If you unmerge the cells, type/paste the formula, ctrl+shift+enter, you vna merge the cells again and the formula is accepted but it then counts 2 columns which means it skips one entry when it finds 2 entries underneath eachother that it should display...

got the above problem solved by replacing COLUMNS($A$1:A1) with COUNTA($E$5:E5,1)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back