Stumped on sumproduct

chef

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
I am trying to calculate absent percentages using sumproduct and while I can use the formula on its own, I have been trying all sorts but with no luck to get correct syntax for results and unsure when trying to divide, multiply with different criteria. Google confused me further.

This works fine on its own and column C is the total possible hours
=SUMPRODUCT(--(AbsData!E2:E200000=Medicine!C7),--(AbsData!F2:F200000=Medicine!D7),AbsData!C2:C200000)

I am trying to divide the same criteria but with lost hours which is in column J
SUMPRODUCT(--(AbsData!E2:E200000=Medicine!C7),--(AbsData!F2:F200000=Medicine!D7),AbsData!J2:J200000)

Below is one example of where I have been trying with all sorts but I'm lost as to where I am going wrong and would appreciate any help to point me in the right direction

=SUMPRODUCT(--(AbsData!E2:E200000=Medicine!C7),--(AbsData!F2:F200000=Medicine!D7),AbsData!C2:C200000))/SUMPRODUCT(--(AbsData!E2:E200000=Medicine!C7),--(AbsData!F2:F200000=Medicine!D7),AbsData!J2:J200000))

kind regards
Ian

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
You have too many closing brackets at the end of each sumproduct formula where you have combined them

Upvote 0
It was as simple as that.

Sorry…..thanks for pointing out and now works and ends my frustration for past hour or so.

Feel daft now, but appreciate the quick repose and I will know in future

Regards
Ian

Upvote 0
Glad to help & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back