Stumped! Require Formula for tricky multiple =If(Or formula

Jeffq

Hi there,

I'm hoping some one can help me out. I'm a novice when it comes to excel and I'm stumped with respect to the formula required to perform the task I'm trying to achieve. :oops:

I am trying to build a template that calculates an invoice. I have several different rates and many constants. I managed to get the entire template to work how I want with one exception...

I have a drop down with all my rates, when the rate is selected it assigns a number to cell L40. What I am trying to do is have my rates auto fill when a number populates in L40. The rates need to fill in cells B33 - B43. The rates are located on a separate sheet on the workbook. (I'm looking at 235 different rates)

Esentially I'm trying to get the formula to see L40, and fill B33 with a rate from sheet4! in column C, the number in L40 Determins which Cell in column C to use. Then fill B34 with a rate from sheet4! column D again determined by the number in L40, then the same for B35 & B36 etc etc etc...

I hope that I was able to get my point across...
Any Help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers (y)

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Welcome.
What does L40 house (the row number, or a value to lookup?)

You need to explain more fully how to determine which cell in column C,D, etc to return.

Upvote 0
Re: Stumped! Require Formula for tricky multiple =If(Or form

L40 is strictly a value, when the dropdown is used, (the dropdown has the exact rate name so the user doesn't have to search through codes)

Eg, In the dropdown I have several rates, Eg: Residential, commercial, farm, industrial, etc... If I select "Commercial" in the drop down it will populate a number into L40, This number is just a value to identify the rate, it's not specific to anything in any cell... I want excel to see the number eg #2 for commecial, then by seeing the #2 I want it to select a cell in column C. in this example it would be cell C10 on sheet4 for commecial, for residential the number could be 5 and by seeing that 5 in L40 I want it to select Cell C15 from sheet4.

I hope that explains it a little better...

Upvote 0
I think you should post part of your worksheet to explain it a little better. Use Colo's HTML Maker at the bottom of the page.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back