Style question

abrown

Board Regular
When you modify the default style for the Currency toolbar button does it save for you to use in future in the workbooks or does it just save in the file where you make the change?

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
If you go format, styles and edit there and save it is saved in excel itself i thin k. so what you have done i imagine it would be the same

Upvote 0
Actually it only saved in the file. Any idea how to save it to Excel so the styles apply to all of my files??

Upvote 0
Taken from excel help file.

Note Custom formats are saved with the workbook. To have Microsoft Excel always use a specific currency symbol, change the currency symbol selected in Regional Settings in Control Panel before you start Excel.

Upvote 0
If you want to save a new style to the button, you need to create a macro that applies the style and save it to your personal macro workbook. Then assign the macro to the button. As long as you're on your PC, you it should be there at the application level as opposed to the file level.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back