Sub-reports with no values not printing on main report

Woodpile

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All,

I am having trouble with a monthly report and I am hoping for some help.

I built the report with a header and footer then populated the details section with 9 sub-reports, one for each category of information that needs to be included in the report. Some sub-reports will have values only occasionally. Those sub-report with no values show in the Report View but do not appear when I print the report.

I need all the sub-reports to appear in the printed version of the main report as positive communication that the category has no values. How do I get the blank reports to print with the main report?

Bonus: Blank sub-reports will work for me but if there is a way to have a default like "No Changes Reported" when no data are available, that would be the best solution.

I certainly appreciate any help or insight on this issue as I cannot find a switch or option that clearly indicates printing null value reports.

Background (Feel free to skip this part but it might help): The monthly report tracks changes in status on current projects. Each sub-report is pulled from a query based on one or more tables. Everything works fine until I have to print the monthly report. Without the blank sub-reports (or one indicating there is no change), it might appear as if that section was simply omitted or overlooked for the month.

Thanks for any help.

Ed

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
put a label = "No Changes Reported" on the report UNDER the sub report.
If there is no data, the subreport will not expand,and the label will be visible.

Upvote 0
Thank you, ranman. That did the trick. I am assuming the labels will move on the main report as the subs expand and contract?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hherna01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back