Subform Help

Def7

Board Regular
I am trying to create a form in which when a Vehicle ID is entered or searched a subform display all previous entries for that Vehicle. I have the Vehicle ID information in 4 different tables (Don't have a choice but to do that per boss) is there any way to make that happen with the 4 tables?

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
If all the four tables have the same structure and data type then create a Union Query to combine the data of all 4 tables together. Refer the following link if you need help with Union Queries:
http://www.msaccesstips.com/2008/02/union-query.shtml

Create a sub-form using the Union Query. Create a Main Form with a Text Box on the Header of the Form with the Name VehicleID and insert the sub-form into the detail section of the Main Form. Display the Property Sheet of the Sub-form and set the Link Master field property value as VehicleID and set the Link Child Field Property value to the Vehicle Id field name of the Child Form.

When you enter a Vehicle ID number in the Text Box in the Master Form all records matching this number will show up in the sub-form. You don't have to search for it.

Upvote 0
This worked except that a pop up window comes up and that is the only way I can enter the Vehicle ID #. After I get the first set of information for a particular ID#, I am not able to enter any new number in the text box created. I have to exit the form and re-open to get the pop up box back. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back