Subform not showing text/combo boxes

dkelly

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi Everyone,

I am working on a quote form that is split into sections that pull data into a number of tables. This is where I have gotten to so far though:
  • Quote Header - This is where the quote reference (auto number) will be held, and will hold the header data on the quote: date, overall value etc.
  • Quote Labour - Any labour costs will be pulled into this table and a subform will be used to populate the data.
On the labour table I have added a manual number field called QteNumber linked to the ID on the Quote Header table (called QteNo so I didn't confuse myself). I have added a one to many relationship to the tables.

On the quote form I have the quote reference and another field linked to the Quote Header (Enquiry Number), the rest is unbound which will be added to tables via VBA once the form is complete.

I have another form (continuous) for the labour, which I have added as a subform to my main form. I have created the necessary relationship on the subform however, when I have tried to test it nothing shows up. I get the labels, but the text boxes and combo boxes in the detail of the subform aren't showing.

I have created a PO template in the past which works perfectly and have used the exact same properties/relationships to create this new quote sheet but for some reason the detail section of my subform isn't visible.

Can anyone help with this please?

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
What do you see when you open the subform directly from the navigation pane? Perhaps you have set the Data Entry property to yes/true, but there are other possibilities. If you can see labels, they must not be attached to their controls.
have used the exact same properties/relationships to create this new quote sheet
I see that sentiment often. It has yet to be exactly true. Anyway, review this for the other reasons.

Upvote 0
Hi Micron,

I found that settings were not saving correctly, and reverting back when the form was closed (no idea why). I have recreated the subform and it seems to be working.

Upvote 0
You cannot alter and save form properties when it is in form view. They can only be saved in design view, either manually or via code. In the latter case the form doesn't have to be visible.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benefuexx

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back