Submit button

naushw

Hi,

I currently have a form in excel that I want to create a submit button to.

I have to create a macro that automatically submits this form to a SharePoint Website. The e-mail of the SharePoint library is Canada@wssmail.xxx.com

I also need it to put in the subject of this request the vendor name (which will be in cell D7) and the taxpayer ID (which will be in Cell L37).

I have never created submit button macros and dont know where to start.

Any help you provide will be greatly appreciated.

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
Also, Is there any way in the macro that I can get it to auto close after hitting submit?

Again, any help you provide is greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
Does anybody know how to do this? Please, I have never done a submit button in Excel before!

Upvote 0
This sounds like an HTML thing to me...is that so? Are you sending this to a web server or just to someone's email? I think if the former you need to have the ID of the form or fields as part of the message (?). Why do you need to do this in Excel? "Form" is an ambiguous term. What kind of form is this? I'm not sure I can help but maybe more info would get us started.

Alex.

Upvote 0
Hi Alex,

I have created a "form" in excel. I can e-mail it to you if you provide me with an address, maybe you can look at it and understand better.

I want to create a submit button that will e-mail the form to our corporate SharePoint Library - so a web server I guess? the SharePoint Library has an e-mail address so either way I guess.

I need this form in excel because it will go to outside vendors who need to fill out the information we need. I initially had that form created in Infopath 2003 but the vendors we deal with dont have that program so were unable to open it.

The form is just a standard form - its used to gather vendor/ supplier information that we need so we can add them to our Oracle procurement system.

Thanks for responding. Much appreciated.

Upvote 0
It's still a little unclear because by Form some folks mean userforms and other folks just mean a regular excel sheet that just has specific cells you want people to put information in...I assume you mean this latter. In either case, I'm not sure I can quickly write the code to interact with a web server in VBA. Excel 2007 does provide some sharepoint connectivity built in I think (but I'm not sure how this would work if you were trying to get this to users outside your company - anyway, I could be wrong about that).

Does your company have a web site? Why not just put a real excel page out there with an HTML form? There quite easy to create but you'd need to have the server side ready to receive the input.

Or you might like Google Docs - I was able to create a form that a user could fill out and then use to populate a Google Spreadsheet document in about 20 seconds - truly amazing, and one didn't need to know a darn thing about how it works...just click a few buttons and its all ready for your users.

I think what a more common approach here would be is to have your vendor send you the excel sheet after having filled it out. Once received, you can "scrape" the information from it with VBA.

Alex.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max_pedreira

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back