Substitute for Arrays in Excel Online (specifically Index/Match function)?

csliger931

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,
I have created an Excel Online workbook that I am using with Power Automate in order to pull in Survey123 results (results go into a "RAW DATA" tab). In my "SUMMARY" tab, I am presenting an overview of the Sump data by date. In order to pull specific data from the "RAW DATA" tab and match it by date and Sump ID, I am using an Index and Match formula. BUT, I didn't realize that Excel Online doesn't support Arrays! YIKES! Does anyone know how to get around this for my situation? Perhaps there's a different formula that I can use that doesn't depend on arrays?
In the first table below, I have my "RAW DATA" tab. In the second table is the "SUMMARY" tab. I need the replacement for the formula presented in the second table (cell C2), and the replacement cannot use arrays. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Chris

"RAW DATA"
05/03/22CS-145
05/04/22CS-2A60
05/08/22CS-1110

"SUMMARY"
DATECS-1
05/05/22{=Index('RAW DATA'C1:C3,Match(1,(A1='RAW DATA'A1:A3)*(B1='RAW DATA'B1:B3),0))}
05/04/22
05/03/22

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
With Excel online you don't need to array enter formulae, so try entering it as a normal formula.

Also shouldn't the A1 in your formula be A2?

Upvote 0
Solution
Hey Fluff,
I feel like such an idiot now! You are entirely right, I was trying to enter the formula as an array and it wasn't working, and then after I read a post saying that "array is not included in Excel online), I panicked. Whoops. And yes, it should have been A2. All is good now, thank you for the help.
Much appreciated,
Chris

Upvote 0
Glad it's sorted & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b1step2far

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back