Subtotal above the pivot table

Aswinraj

Board Regular
Hello Guys,

I have a Pivot table, where i need to add new row above the pivot table and show the subtotal of each column till last available Column. (Pivot range may vary)

Below is the code which i tried but it was not working correctly. Please help.

VBA Code:
    LR = ActiveSheet.Cells.Find("*", SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Row
    LC = ActiveSheet.Cells.Find("*", SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, SearchDirection:=xlPrevious).Column
    LCell = Cells(LR, LC).Address
    myrange = "C10:" & LCell
    Subtotal = ""
    Range(myrange).Select

If Range("E" & LC).Value <> "" Then
        Range("E7" & LC).Formula = "=SUBTOTAL(9 & LR & )"
    End If

1585721825977.png

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
Cannot you use just =Subtotal(9,C13:C10000)/2
If the table dont have a Grand Total at the bottom then remove the "/2"

Bye

Upvote 0
This doesnt solve my problem. Pivot Column range may vary.. So i need to create a Subtotal in dynamic way to add formula till last available column.

The above code which you provided just add to only one column (static).
@Anthony47

Upvote 0
Hummm... Could you please explain what you would like to calculate?
Bye

Upvote 0
@Anthony47

I have a Pivot table, where i need to add new row above the pivot table and show the subtotal of each column till last available Column. (Pivot both column and row range may vary).

Basically I need to add =SUBTOTAL formula till last column available by selecting till last row.

Upvote 0
Well, in your situation (flexible rows count, flexible columns count) it obvious that the pivot table has free columns to the right and free rows at the bottom.
So you could set all the fomulas to all the possible columns; just insert the first formula, then copy it to the right till enough columns are covered
If you don't like that the useless (those in excess with respect the current columns count) you could make the formula a little bit more complex, like
VBA Code:
=IF(C12="";"";Subtotal(9,C13:C10000)/2)
I am supposing that row #12 contains the pivot column headers; so if there is no any header, the formula will show nothing.

If you wish to make it the difficult way, you might consider using the following macro:
Code:
Sub Pvt_Tot_Total()
Dim pSheet As Worksheet, cRan As String
Dim pCC As Long, pRC As Long, aTots, bTots
Dim pvSh As String, pvCell As String
Dim FormulaRow As Long, FormulaCol As Long
'
pvSh = "Pivot"          '<<< The worksheet name
pvCell = "A8"           '<<< First top cell of the PivotTable
FormulaRow = 4          '<<< Row where the formulas will be written
'
Set pSheet = Sheets(pvSh)
PV1 = pSheet.Range(pvCell).PivotTable.Name
FormulaCol = pSheet.PivotTables(PV1).DataBodyRange.Cells(1, 1).Column
pCC = pSheet.PivotTables(PV1).DataBodyRange.Columns.Count
pRC = pSheet.PivotTables(PV1).DataBodyRange.Rows.Count
On Error Resume Next
'Check if PivotTable has GrandTotal at the bottom:
    aTots = Application.WorksheetFunction.Sum(pSheet.PivotTables(PV1).DataBodyRange)
    bTots = Application.WorksheetFunction.Sum(pSheet.PivotTables(PV1).DataBodyRange.Cells(1, 1).Resize(pRC - 1, pCC))
    If Round(aTots / atot2, 6) = 2 Then pRC = pRC - 1
On Error GoTo 0
'Clear existing formulas...
pSheet.Cells(FormulaRow, FormulaCol).Resize(1, pCC + 5).ClearContents
'...and set the new ones
For I = 1 To pCC
    cRan = pSheet.PivotTables(PV1).DataBodyRange.Cells(1, I).Resize(pRC, 1).Address
    pSheet.Cells(FormulaRow, FormulaCol + I - 1).Formula = "=Sum(" & cRan & ")"
Next I
End Sub
Put the code into a standard vba module; the lines marked <<< had to be customized according the comment.s
Conceptually, it uses the property "DataBodyRange" of the pivot, but I made it a little bit more complex to let you use it on several pivottables. You identify the pivottable by specifying the worksheet name and its first used cell (any cell will work, but using the first one is better)
Also, the code try to understand if the bottom line within the pivottable is a GrandTotal, and in that case that line is excluded from the formula

I suggest that you start the macro whenever the pivottable get recalculated; you can obtain that simply by inserting "Call Pvt_Tot_Total" (without "quotes") into the Worksheet_PivotTableUpdate (event driven) subroutine.

Bye

Upvote 0
@Anthony47 Works Perfectly. Thank you so Much. After long search and many people unable to solve it but you did it like a charm.

With Regards,
Aswinraj A

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back