Subtotal filtered data + SUMIFS

danielvdh

Hi,

So far I've been able to find an answer to any question I had on this forum, but as of today I needed to register in order to continue working on my Excel file.

I consider myself as being quite a rookie in Excel so please don't be too harsh on this newbie :)

I have the following problem: I am creating a turnover report with customers on the rows, in column D the currency of this specific customer (either USD or EUR), and in column E the turnover (drawn from a pivot table).

With the subtotal offset function I managed to create a totals row which accumulates the filtered results, but I want to add a function (like a SUMIFS) to multiply USD numbers ONLY by a fixed conversion rate.
To illustrate what I currently have, please see the screenshot below.

117xtsg.jpg

I hope the example and my intentions are clear.
Thanks a lot in advance!

Daniël

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Hi , You may try this

=SUM(IF($C$5:$C$13=C14,IF($D$5:$D$13="USD",($E$5:$E$13)*1.36,$E$5:$E$13)))

Use cntrl + shift+ enter to paste this formula

And here 1.36 are conversion rate , you may make this dynamic by replace this with any cell reference.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi , You may try this

=SUM(IF($C$5:$C$13=C14,IF($D$5:$D$13="USD",($E$5:$E$13)*1.36,$E$5:$E$13)))

Use cntrl + shift+ enter to paste this formula

And here 1.36 are conversion rate , you may make this dynamic by replace this with any cell reference.

Hi,
This works, however it no longer adjusts the total row when I apply a filter which it does in my current formula. So not exactly what I need. Thanks though

Upvote 0
Could you elaborate bit more. I am not sure what you are taking about ?

Hi,

Please see the formula bar in the image in my start post. To this formula I want to add a SUMIF or similar to multiply USD amounts by a conversion rate. I hope this is more clear.

Thanks

Upvote 0
I am not sure .. but with sumproduct formula ... you have to use it two times as below

=SUMPRODUCT(--($C$5:$C$13="LAST YEAR TURNOVER"),SUBTOTAL(9,OFFSET($E$5:$E$13,ROW($E$5:$E$13)-MIN(ROW($E$5:$E$13)),0,1)),(D5:D13="USD")*1.75)+SUMPRODUCT(--($C$5:$C$13="LAST YEAR TURNOVER"),SUBTOTAL(9,OFFSET($E$5:$E$13,ROW($E$5:$E$13)-MIN(ROW($E$5:$E$13)),0,1)),(D5:D13="USD")*1)

Upvote 0
I am not sure .. but with sumproduct formula ... you have to use it two times as below

=SUMPRODUCT(--($C$5:$C$13="LAST YEAR TURNOVER"),SUBTOTAL(9,OFFSET($E$5:$E$13,ROW($E$5:$E$13)-MIN(ROW($E$5:$E$13)),0,1)),(D5:D13="USD")*1.75)+SUMPRODUCT(--($C$5:$C$13="LAST YEAR TURNOVER"),SUBTOTAL(9,OFFSET($E$5:$E$13,ROW($E$5:$E$13)-MIN(ROW($E$5:$E$13)),0,1)),(D5:D13="USD")*1)

You made my day! thats exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a lot !

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back