AngieNaude

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. Mobile
  3. Web
Hi! I have a sales pivot table showing products, companies who sold them, volume and value. I know how to switch on/off subtotals for rows and column fields but not for value fields. I am not sure if this is possible but what I am trying to achieve is to have the grand total of volume to be after the volume data and the grant total of the value then after the value data. Please see the sheet below with the arrow of where I want the data. This is such a basic question compared to what goes on in this page but this has me completely stumped:confused:

1629810932375.png

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
Try hovering over the top of the "Total Sum of Volume" column of your PivotTable, and move it about until you see the thick/solid arrow pointing down.
Once you see that arrow, click on the PivotTable column.
Then hover around the edges of the highlighted column until you see the cross of arrows pointing outward.
Once you see the cross of arrows, click and drag the "Total Sum of Volume" column to where you need it to be.

Upvote 0
Try hovering over the top of the "Total Sum of Volume" column of your PivotTable, and move it about until you see the thick/solid arrow pointing down.
Once you see that arrow, click on the PivotTable column.
Then hover around the edges of the highlighted column until you see the cross of arrows pointing outward.
Once you see the cross of arrows, click and drag the "Total Sum of Volume" column to where you need it to be.
Thanks Johnny. I did try this before and it doesn't allow you to move subtotal and total blocks ?
20210825_083821.jpg

Upvote 0
Lame sauce. HA
Ok, another route. Do you need it to be one PivotTable? Split it into two, one for Volume and one for Value?

Upvote 0
Lame sauce. HA
Ok, another route. Do you need it to be one PivotTable? Split it into two, one for Volume and one for Value?
We usually look at these together in the one pivot. I swear somewhere along the line I might have gotten this right but I cannot for the life of me find where that sheet might be amongst my thousands that I have. New job, going back to my strengths which is excel but having to learn so much all over again? And so much more that is new. I love it!!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennimack

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back