Subtotal on Filtered Rows using Sumproduct - Wildcard substitute

Sonymacd

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
I would love some help correcting this pickle! I need to show the total of 1 column, based on whether another column contains certain text.

Looking through posts and blogs, I have gotten this far, but it will only total if BBA is the only Program in column P. It would solve my problem if I could use wildcard around BBA but of course sumproduct doesn't work that way.

=SUMPRODUCT((P6:P215="BBA")*(SUBTOTAL(109,OFFSET(I6,ROW(I6:I215)-MIN(ROW(I6:I215)),0))))

I have the Awards in Column I and Eligible Programs in Column P (which lists one or many programs). When I filter on Column F to show only Entrance Awards, I would like the BBA Award Total to be reflective of only the rows in the view.

Grateful for anyone able to assist!

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
How about
Excel Formula:
=SUMPRODUCT((ISNUMBER(SEARCH("BBA",P6:P215)))*(SUBTOTAL(109,OFFSET(I6,ROW(I6:I215)-MIN(ROW(I6:I215)),0))))

Upvote 0
How about
Excel Formula:
=SUMPRODUCT((ISNUMBER(SEARCH("BBA",P6:P215)))*(SUBTOTAL(109,OFFSET(I6,ROW(I6:I215)-MIN(ROW(I6:I215)),0))))
You, my friend, are a genius! Thank you so much :love: (y)

Upvote 0
You're welcome & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0
Hi Everyone,,
Please tell me how sum of every nth row in filtered data,
i mean if i filter my data in excel from row 4 to row 400, i want to sum every 3rd row after data, in row 401, (Sum of Row 4,7,10,....), in row 402,(Sum of Row 5,8,11.......) in row 403( Sum of row 5,9,12,......) Please tell me how can do it..

Thanks in advance

Upvote 0
As this is a totally different question from the op, you need to start a new thread. Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back