Subtotalling Similar Rows (VBA?)

steveh8204

Board Regular
I've made a spreadsheet which compares values from two sheets (the values in Column I and P in the image link below) and then calculates the differences in Row Q, all simple stuff so far.

The problem I've got is some common values that I use to draw the info (Column F - highlighted) have values in multiple rows due to there begin an entry for each due date (Column L) so the Variance (Column Q -highlighted in Red) works them all out seperately which is incorrect.

Is there a way to show the variance in row Q to be the difference between the PO Total in Column I (the sum of cells I31-I33) and the PO total (repeated in cells P31-P33)?

Ideally when the PO information is similar as in this example Cells P31, P32 and Q31, Q32 would be blank, P33 would be 908.700 and Q33 would be 31,500.

Some of the units are different but the code I have that currently works out the variance converts these.

I know its an ask but I've spent hours trying stuff without any real progress. Thanks in advance for any help.

view
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1psqKBmGuZLtTYBHFM9ZDHi_6eI2m2yz7

Right Ive just had time to go through it again and the subtotals still don't work when there is more than one line for a PO.

In the file in the link below I've highlighted the ones which don't work. I'm using Column F to search similar values (PO Numbers) and comparing the total of all the values in I for this PO against what is the total number for the PO in P (which is the same value but repeated).

I think the problem is the formula needs to subtotal the values in I but just use the value of Column P once. I suppose if this number could be divided by the total number of rows for a PO but thats something I've struggled to put into the formula. I suppose VBA maybe able to do this better.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BBQxNJ501XQrYjgCpw9OASZJ90yfRDXa

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back