Subtotals - Lose Details

shanealbrandt

How can I get the details to show after I use the subtotal feature? Once I subtotal things, I would like the details to be on the same line as the subtotal. Currently it places the subtotal underneath on the next line and when I collapse the rows to show the subtotals, I lose all the detail...unless I expend it all again.

Help! I can send the file to someone if you need to see it.

-S

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
Hmm...I've never used a pivot table in Excel. I will search the Help file. In the interim, is there any tips you can give on using pivot tables?

Upvote 0
I assume you using the subtotal menu at the left and choosing the 2nd button which only shows the total lines. Do you only want to see the location address and the total amount?
If you go to button three which shows all of your data, go to the first cell that includes the word "Total". If this cell were to be "B4", enter the following formula to grab the location address from column A and add the word total to the end. Change cell reference as needed.
=CONCATENATE(A4," Total"). Copy the formula, then go back to button 2.

Select your total cells, go to Edit, Goto, Special cells, visible cells only, OK. Then paste the formula in.

Upvote 0
I cannot figure this out. I can't figure out how to use a picot table. I'm so frustrated. UGH! :mad:

I can't figure out which fields go into Row, vs which fields go into Data, Columns, etc....

Who can help? If I send someone a file, can they do it so I can see how it's done?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuddy_Duddy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back