Subtracting from multiple cells to get a specific answer

Cyle

I had a question considering a workbook that I am working on for overtime, a different one than I posted before. On my workbook, I have vacation leave, sick leave, and overtime to figure in. I want to be able to have a choice to choose which you would like to keep at the end of the week. Such as if you were to work 8 on Mon, 8 hours on Tues, 10 hours on Wed, and then take vacation leave on Thur, for 8 hours, and then work 6 hours on friday, I need a way to choose whether to be paid for the overtime and vacation time, or to subtract two hours from my overtime and add it to my regular time, i.e. 40 hours, or subtract two hours from my leave time and add it to my regular time. I know this sounds complicated, it is at least to me. :confused:

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Hi Cyle, Did you ever figure out your spreadsheet? I know you posting is older. I am having this same issue and before I posted something I wondered if you found out. Thnanks!

Upvote 0
Hi, I like many other do not pay OT until a person actually works 40 hours. So if a person works 10 hours on Monday (2 hours of OT) but takes 2 hours of sick time on Tuesday. I want my spreadsheet to Net the sick time on Tuesday against the two hours extra time worked on Monday. I think I am trying to make my timesheet too complicated but I always say that excel can do just about anything. As a side note, I want sick or vacation or any time not worked to be able to net against extra time worked. i hope that makes sense thanks so much!!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mbone Mathonsi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back