Sum and Sumifs Dynamic Arrays

mizogy

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All - stumbled upon a problem by which I am trying to identify a solution to whether two dynamic arrays with multiple criteria can be achieved. It works for one of the sum dynamic arrays but when applying two it falls over.

=SUM(SUM(SUMIFS('Ratecard CommercialP&L'!$M$1:$M$500,'Ratecard CommercialP&L'!$I$1:$I$500,"Year 1",'Ratecard CommercialP&L'!$F$1:$F$500,{TN1","TN2"}),'Ratecard CommercialP&L'!$E$1:$E$500,{"Poland T0","Poland T1","Poland T2","Poland TNS","Italy T0","Italy T1","Italy T2","Italy TNS","Spain T0","Spain T1","Spain T2","Spain TNS"}))

Has anyone come across this before?

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
When using two arrays one needs to be horizontal & the other vertical.
Try
Excel Formula:
=SUM(SUMIFS('Ratecard CommercialP&L'!$M$1:$M$500,'Ratecard CommercialP&L'!$I$1:$I$500,"Year 1",'Ratecard CommercialP&L'!$F$1:$F$500,{"TN1";"TN2"}),'Ratecard CommercialP&L'!$E$1:$E$500,{"Poland T0","Poland T1","Poland T2","Poland TNS","Italy T0","Italy T1","Italy T2","Italy TNS","Spain T0","Spain T1","Spain T2","Spain TNS"})

Upvote 0
Solution
When using two arrays one needs to be horizontal & the other vertical.
Try
Excel Formula:
=SUM(SUMIFS('Ratecard CommercialP&L'!$M$1:$M$500,'Ratecard CommercialP&L'!$I$1:$I$500,"Year 1",'Ratecard CommercialP&L'!$F$1:$F$500,{"TN1";"TN2"}),'Ratecard CommercialP&L'!$E$1:$E$500,{"Poland T0","Poland T1","Poland T2","Poland TNS","Italy T0","Italy T1","Italy T2","Italy TNS","Spain T0","Spain T1","Spain T2","Spain TNS"})
@Fluff - thanks so much and for the prompt reply, that worked a treat! I need to brush up on using two arrays with the need for one to be horizontal and the other vertical :)

Upvote 0
You're welcome & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennlynn

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back