SUM Array formula

johns99

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I am currently using an array formula to pull the sum of two columns based on two separate criteria:

{=SUM((details!$T$3:$T$1724+details!$V$3:$V$1724)*(EEID='C&B - Compensation Data'!$A3))}

This approach is currently working FYI.

The concern with the above formula is if the details are sorted it then throws the formula off, so I am looking to replicate the above without the possibility of the formula being deterred. I'm thinking a SUMIFS but I'm not sure how to do this with 2 whole columns.

Thanks in advance.

John

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
What does EEID refer to?

As long as it is a parallel range that is sorted with the 2 'details' ranges, there should be no problems with sorting. If it is an independent range then you would need a common key in both ranges to even have a chance of making it work, without that it will not be possible.

Upvote 0
What version of Excel are you using?

I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

Also what is EEID?

Upvote 0
Will do, EEID is the employee ID. Excel version is 2102.

Upvote 0
Sorry, should've been more specific I am working in MS 365, thanks.

Upvote 0
Referring back to my earlier reply (post 2), we are going to need some additional information and clarity if we are to have any hop in finding a solution. That said, if your existing formula is not working correctly when the data is sorted then any alternative is not likely to work correctly either.

Upvote 0
Ok, when you talk about sorting, are you referring to the Details sheet or the C&B - Compensation Data sheet?
If the latter then remove the sheet name from the formula.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rohitsomani

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back