Sum cells from another sheet if anoth range of cells contain the last 4 of a certain card number

JLawre08

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2021
  3. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Hello,

I have been struggling with an excel formula for a couple of weeks now and i am honestly at a loss! I wonder if someone could help please?

I want my formula to:
Sum certain values from another sheet BUT only if another cell range from that same sheet contains the last 4 of a specific card number (this card number is stated in cell E8 on the sheet I would like the total to sit on)

I have various sheets, each card number has a separate sheet but I have a master sheet showing ALL transactions for ALL cards. This sheet is called CSV_General_Transaction_Report.

I really hope this makes sense and that someone could help :)

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Hi & welcome to MrExcel.
Sounds like you need to use the sumifs function, however if you need help with that, we would need more details & some sample data.

MrExcel has a tool called “XL2BB” that lets you post samples of your data that will allow us to copy/paste it to our Excel spreadsheets, so we can work with the same copy of data that you are. Instructions on using this tool can be found here: XL2BB Add-in

Note that there is also a "Test Here” forum on this board. This is a place where you can test using this tool (or any other posting techniques that you want to test) before trying to use those tools in your actual posts.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertJones1986

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back