SUM Cells Using INDIRECT(ADDRESS()) on Same Sheet?

ckouns

Hello all!

I've got a small spreadsheet to keep track of the decks I have for a trading card game, and how many wins they have when played against my other decks. I play three rounds each against each combination of decks. The sheet is laid out such that both the first row and first column contain the names of the decks, while the resulting cells of the table below have a 1, 2, or 3 depending on how many times that deck has won against its competitor. This, in turn, means the two decks I am testing against each other will always add up to 3, to show a win/loss record (3-0, 2-1, and vice versa).

I am using a conditional formatting rule seen below:

=SUM(B2,INDIRECT(ADDRESS(COLUMN(B2),ROW(B2))))=3

in order to color the "finished" combinations green (the decks that have played 3 rounds against each other).

I am wanting to use a similar formula in order to calculate the win percentages of the decks. However, this gets thrown off as soon as a number enters the range I am testing against in which the full 3 rounds have not been completed

For example, let's say I have Decks One, Two, and Three. Deck One can't play against itself, so that cell is always blank and colored red. Deck One plays three rounds against Deck Two, winning all three. This results in:

fKPJY1z
5192Nlc.png

However, once I play ONE round between Deck One and Deck Three and Deck One wins, the table becomes:

ykhqZeE.png

In short, I want the Win % to ONLY calculate based on "finished" rounds (rounds in which SUM(cell,INDIRECT(ADDRESS(COLUMN(cell),ROW(cell))))=3)

I have attempted using SUM(IF()) and SUMIF() in conjunction with COUNT(IF()) and COUNTIF() to no avail. If anyone could provide any guidance I would greatly appreciate it!

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back